Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tissue Pom

So I finally completed my first tissue paper pom! And in all truth it really wasnt that hard!


So heres a picture of the Pom:

I think the hardest part of the process is cutting out the tissue paper, but besides that its pretty easy and it goes pretty fast!

Heres a rough mock-up of the centerpiece:

This isnt a very good picture because with the flash you cant see the blue light.

I think I might put a ribbon at the top of the vase because I cant fill the aqua gems all the way to the top of the vase otherwise it will make the tissue paper wet and it will probably bleed. I think we decided these will be on the tables with the pink table cloths.

I bought my tissue paper from paper mart and the 400 sheet pack of tissue paper should be enough to make 20 tissue poms...which is more than enough for all of these types of centerpieces and maybe some to hang off the chairs on the aisle during the ceremony. And now I just need to figure out how to store these!!

Hobby lobby also has a 40% off any item coupon for this week, so Kyle and I will be going there a few times to pick up some more Styrofoam balls. With the coupon it brings them down (6 inch ones) to 2.27$ a piece which is a good price for those!!

My next project is to order the lose orchids from the website I found and do a mock-up of our other centerpiece...which hopefully will be a lot less work then these ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment