Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Counting Down

So today marks the first day of March and 500 days until the wedding (woot! woot!).

We haven't been doing a whole lot of planning...I guess we're just taking it slow :)

But we have looked at several venues for the reception. The first one we really likes but I was kind of afraid that the dance floor was too small. The second one really beautiful with crystal chandeliers and tons of windows with a beautiful view but there were a few things I didn't like...

The way the room was shaped made it difficult for people sitting on one side to see the dance floor because it was in an adjoining room, and the ceiling in that room was really low, really low. And I guess the biggest thing was that it has a $12000 food and drink minimum....OUCH.

So we took Patrick (One of the Grooms Men, one of my best friends, and our lighting person) to both venues and he said he liked the first, less expensive one, a lot and he thinks he can really do a lot with it. So it looks like that one is at the top of the list, but we still have a few more places to look at so hopefully the final decision will be coming soon!

As for the ceremony location, we want an outdoor wedding but we cant really look at anything until the snow melts :)

On a more DIY note, my Haute Bride inspired bracelet is almost done so as soon as I'm finished I'll post pictures and a cost break down.

Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment